#GET LOUD ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH WEEK
It is Mental Health Week and we invite students, familes and the community to participate in our awareness events!
Mental health is about more than mental illness!
- One in five Canadians live with mental health problems, mental illnesses or addiction. But the reality is, five in five of us have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
- We can all benefit from celebrating, promoting and acknowledging the role that good mental health plays in living a full and meaningful life.
Let’s #GetLoud about what mental health really is!
- Mental health is about more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s highs and lows.
- Everyone deserves to feel well, whatever their mental health experience. And we all need a support system to lean on.
- Wednesday, May 9 is “Hats on for Mental Health” Day!
- Thursday, May 10 is Fun Run/Walk and Green T-Shirt Day!
- Wear your green T-shirt all day!
- The Fun Run/Walk begins at 4:00 PM at Rosary School; participants need to register at Rosary to receive an official runners bib which enables them to enter draws at three locations.
- Each lap around the walking trail is approximately 0.5 km. Participants can make as many laps as they wish!
- Snacks and Refreshments at Manning Elementary
- BBQ at Paul Rowe High School from 5:00-6:00 PM
- Free movie, The Miracle Season, at the Aurora Theatre at 6:30 PM
All are welcome to participate! This event is free, however donations will be accepted for the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).